The Trump administration said on Friday that it had denying and canceling American visas from members of the Palestinian Authority and the Palestine Liberation Organization.
This comes before the United Nations General Assembly next month, as Canada and many other countries said they intend to officially recognize the Palestinian state.
The US State Department cited the efforts of the groups to secure a recognition of the state at the United Nations, as well as its appeal to the International Criminal Court and the International Court of Justice to investigate the alleged Israeli crimes in Gaza, as reasons for US Secretary of State Marco Rubio.
“Both the two movements contributed financially to Hamas’s refusal to firing the hostages, and to the collapse of the ceasefire talks in Gaza,” the ministry said in a statement.
“The Trump administration was clear: One of our interests in the security of the nationalists Plo and the Palestinian Authority is not compliance with their obligations and undermined the prospects for peace.”
The statement did not mention that the officials who were refused to enter. It was not immediately clear whether the list included Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, who was expected to travel to New York to the United Nations gathering.

“How can any of our delegation apply, and we will respond accordingly,” the Palestinian Ambassador to the United Nations, Rayd Mansour, told reporters at the United Nations headquarters.

Get national news
As for the news that affects Canada and around the world, he participated in the urgent news alerts that were delivered directly when it occurs.
The American statement said that the actors who were appointed to the Palestinian Authority mission to the United Nations, led by Mansour, will be granted exemptions so that they can continue their operations in New York.
Abbas’s office expressed “deep regret and surprise” regarding the visa decision in a statement carried by the Palestinian News Agency, which did not say whether the Abbas visa had been canceled or rejected.
The statement argued that the move violated the “headquarters of the headquarters of the headquarters of the United Nations”, according to which the United States is generally required to allow foreign diplomats to attend the United Nations meetings in New York.
Washington said it could deny visas for the reasons for security, terrorism or the reasons for foreign policy. The US State Department cited “National Security Department” behind its decision on Friday.
UN spokesman Stefan Dujarrik was also martyred with the agreement of the headquarters and said that the United Nations will discuss the issue of the visa with the US State Department.
“It is clear that we hope this will be resolved,” he said. “It is important that all member states and permanent observers be represented.”
Mansour said that Abbas still intends to lead the delegation to high-level meetings, and it is expected that the General Assembly-as he did for many years-attended a meeting on September 22 a solution from the two countries in which France and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia participated.
The White House said on Thursday that US President Donald Trump will travel to New York and address the General Assembly on September 23.
Canada, Britain, Australia and France announced in recent weeks or indicated its intention to recognize a Palestinian state during the meeting.
Countries said that their recognition is conditional on the Palestinian Authority-which limited the autonomy to parts of the occupied West Bank, and has placed for years as a legal government alternative to Hamas in Gaza-subject to new reforms and elections.
Abbas has committed to taking these measures, The Prime Minister’s Office said After Prime Minister Mark Carne spoke with the Palestinian leader in July.
The Palestine Liberation Organization is an internationally recognized alliance that represents the Palestinian people in its occupied territory and abroad.
The Trump administration has strongly supported Israel’s military attack in Gaza. The United States also refused to condemn the expanded Israeli settlements in the West Bank, which Canada and other allies said that the efforts of the two -state solution were.
The US Secretary of the United States said that Rubio hosted Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Sair in Washington on Wednesday to “reaffirm our close state’s cooperation.”
After meeting the plan for a Palestinian state, he was asked, he said that there would be nothing.
On Friday, the Israeli minister thanked Rubio for his assumption of the Palestinian Authority and the Sudanese Liberation Program “responsibility for the reward for terrorism, incitement and efforts to use the legal war against Israel” in a statement of social media.
Officials with the Palestinian Authority refuse to undermine peace prospects.
In June, Abbas wrote a letter to French President Emmanuel Macron condemned the Hamas attack and called on the hostages taken by the armed group to release it.
Hamas said earlier this month that it had accepted a US -backed proposal on a ceasefire in Gaza that would see the issuance of some hostages in exchange for talks with Israel that would end the conflict and see the return of all the remaining hostages.
But Israel said that it would only accept the full return of all hostages and pressed a plan to occupy Gaza City, which international observers, such as the United Nations, have accepted that worse is the famine that already gives the Palestinian territories.
Last week, Rubio announced penalties against several international criminal court judges and prosecutors in the court investigation into the actions of Israel in Gaza and the issuance of arrest orders against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Defense Secretary Joe Galent.
– With the files from Reuters
& Copy 2025 Global News, a Division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
https://globalnews.ca/wp-content/uploads/2025/04/d69e83d6443a501fbb1facbfc4f17cc704a0b2da4c504209538176511d3ca695_a09e17.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=720&h=379&crop=1
2025-08-29 17:37:00